- What is the configuration of beds at Hansen Woodland Farm?
Master bedroom king bed sleeps 2; single-room twin bed sleeps 1;
queen bedroom queen bed sleeps 2; kids room twin-on queen bunk
beds sleep 3.
- How many bathrooms? Two, both full baths.
- What is the check-in procedure? Hansen Woodland Farm
offers self-check-in with a keypad on the garage door. Most
guests prefer to check in on their own, but host is usually
available to meet guests if requested.
- Is any part of the rental shared? No. Host lives in
another house on the property, so you may see her around, but
the house at Hansen Woodland Farm is entirely yours for your
- What is the parking like? You'll find a large parking
pad, big enough for several cars. You'll also find a garage and
carport. You are welcome to park in the garage during your stay.
A garage-door-opener is available for your use.
- How will snow affect our visit? The road Hansen
Woodland Farm is on is a school-bus route, so it gets plowed
early. Your host is committed to plowing the driveway and
parking area. The 700-ft driveway has a steep part at the top; 4-wheel-drive
is strongly recommended, not just for the driveway
but other local driving.
- Are there laundry facilities? Yes, You'll find a
laundry room with washer/dryer unit and detergent for your use,
along with an ironing board, iron, and hangers.
- Are any meals provided? No, but "you'll find "starter"
breakfast ingredients – eggs, bacon, half and half, orange
juice, fruit, coffee, tea, and butter – on arrival. You'll also
find condiments, random nonperishables, and spices/herbs, but
you'll likely want to pick up meal basics on your way. Host will
suggest grocery stores in pre-visit email.
- Where's the closest church? Would you believe
practically in the backyard? Garden Valley Community Church on
Lake Ellen Rd. holds services Sundays at 11 a.m.
- How can I find out about things to see and do? You'll
find both a binder (dining area) and a box of tourist info
(laundry room) at Hansen Woodland Farm. In addition, an Echo
Show (Alexa) unit can tell you about local attractions. The Hansen
Woodland Farm Facebook page is a good place for info about
attractions, especially those that are event-oriented. You can
always feel free to ask your host for suggestions, as well.
- Are weekly/monthly discounts available? Yes. Weekly
discount is 10%' monthly is 20%.
- Does Hansen Woodland Farm use security cameras? No, but
an inoperative inside camera was installed in the stairwell when
the house was built. It is not connected to anything or ever
- Is Hansen Woodland Farm suitable for guests with pet
allergies? NO! Dogs are regularly hosted here, and despite
thorough cleaning, host CANNOT guarantee guests with allergies
will not be affected. Please strongly consider NOT booking if
anyone in your group has severe pet allergies.
- Will we encounter dangerous animals? This is a rural
area. You may encounter animals and pests. Bear, moose, and
coyotes have been seen on the property. Cougars have been seen
nearby. Host takes many measures to keep bees and ants away from
the house and deck, but it's possible you will see them. In
particular, if you see ants, please notify host so she can deal
- How will I get directions, access info, etc., if I book
directly? You will be sent this information about a week
- What safety features does Hansen Woodland Farm offer?
Radon and carbon-monoxide detectors, smoke alarms, first-aid
kit, fire extinguisher, motion-detector lights outside,
flashlights, weather-emergency radio, fire-escape ladder. Items
for child-proofing are also available.
- Do you have house rules? Yes. Please email
host to ask about them.
- Does Hansen Woodland Farm have any amenity limitations?
Yes, no dishwasher and no
air-conditioning. Disposables are provided. Fans are
provided. Only a handful of summer days are truly uncomfortable
- Do I have to book directly through this site? This site
is provided as a way for guests to avoid the fees typically
tacked onto a booking by services such as Airbnb and VRBO.
However, guests are welcome to book on Airbnb,
- How is the Wifi? Hansen Woodland Farm is rural, but the
wifi is fast enough to stream TV with only very rare,
weather-related buffering. No guests complaints about wifi.
- So, tell us about all those amenities. Large collection
of small kitchen appliances (e.g., crockpot, ice-cream-maker),
toiletries (shampoo, body wash, conditioner), hair dryers, space
heaters and fans, extra towels, bathrobes, batteries, firepit
and s'mores supplies, 3 TVs and streaming services, kid and
family videos, games and puzzles, woodstove and firewood,
workspace, washer/dryer, iron/ironing board, hangers, kid
dinnerware, 2 Pack 'n Plays, highchair, books and toys, baby
gate, coffeemaker (NOT Keurig), extensive kitchen supplies, 2
charcoal grills, recreation equipment, and more.